Rainy Sundays.....

It's been raining here pretty steadily for about 18 hours now.  Our house is on a ridge and I'm not worried about the creeks rising.  Some of my friends do live in places where the creek rising might be a problem and I'm hoping they are all safe and dry.

The wet and chilly weather has kept me in the studio, for which I am totally thankful for.  If it weren't for the rain, I'd be out mowing for sure.  Instead, I've been working on a large canvas - a 24" x 36".  This one is another water painting.  And will be "kept under wraps" till finished. 

Meanwhile, I've been working on the 30 Days of Marketing Challenge.  Two days ago, the task was to add 20 names to my email list.  Well, I'm totally embarrassed to admit this, but I don't really have an email list.  And I don't have a newsletter.  One of Leslie's suggestions was to use MailChimp, which I decided to give a try.  It was simple to use and fairly easy to add addresses from my Mac address book.  I was able to add a field to my website for people to sign up for my "occasional artzine".  And then.... I plunged ahead and did what MailChimp refers to as a campaign.  I have several paintings in the current Canine Art Guild's Online Exhibit - It's a Dog's Life.  And promoting that show has been on my to do list for several weeks.  Yesterday seemed like a good time to promote that exhibit to my "new" email list.  If for some reason you didn't get that email yesterday, please be sure to check out the exhibit - it is online at www.canineartguild.com/gallery   You can vote for your favorite painting, too!  

Yesterday's marketing task was an easy one - and even easier for me since I've had this set up for a couple of years now - Google Alerts.  Did you know that you can set up a Google Alert to let you know when your name has been mentioned out there in cyberspace?  

And today's task was to create a collage of some of our work.  Leslie suggested we use ipiccy.com.  It is an online photo editor.  Easy to upload photos and make a collage.  I decided to make one using 4 of my paintings from what I think of as my "Little Bird" series.  Here it is...


Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Oh, and hey - if you aren't on my email list and would like to be - please be sure to shoot me an email!  

susan

Comments