Working larger.....

On Sunday, following two days of no painting, I started a new painting on a 16" x 20" canvas.  Since all of the paintings I did in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge were 6" x 8" or less, this larger canvas felt huge.  

By the time I quit on Sunday, I had the first layer of the fawns painted in and had wiped out the spots.  Since I'm working in water-mixable oils, the spots at this point were just a matter of using a wet brush to remove paint.  

In my original photo, the fawns are standing in a grassy area and the grass is bright green.  I don't think I want a bright green background on this, but I'm not sure just what I'm going to do yet.  Today, I painted in the background with shades of pale yellows and greens.  I took a photo of it this afternoon, but the colors are so far off, I can't correct them in Photoshop.  I'll have to try again tomorrow.  

Yesterday afternoon I took a photo of Sunday's work.  After taking the photo, I set the painting on the floor, leaning it against a dresser.  I was taking a photo of another painting when I spotted my little Jack Russell Terrier, Lizzy, who had just noticed the fawns.  She seemed to think they were real.  Her approach was tentative and the first thing she did was to sniff the rear end of the fawn on the right!  I was amazed and it took me a few seconds to realize I had a camera in my hands.  So... here is a photo of the fawns in progress and a photos of Lizzy inspecting them.




Thanks so much for stopping by.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments