Day Three - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be painting by 9 am every morning.  I haven't made it yet.  Perhaps I should have planned a later time.  Or maybe that would have meant getting to paint even later. <grin>

This morning's delay was for an art related activity, at least.  I was preparing a framed print for delivery to its new owner (thank-you!).  Whenever I prepare a painting for delivery, I try to keep in mind that every action I perform related to my art business needs to be treated with the same professionalism.  I recycle bubble wrap and the first time I wrapped up this piece, it looked like... well..... it's embarrassing it looked so bad.  So.. off came the bubble wrap and I got some new bubble wrap and started again.  That time, it looked like a professional wrapping job.  The artwork was protected the same in both cases, but it doesn't make sense to me deliver a piece of work that looks like I don't respect it enough to care about the wrapping.  And my collector deserves better.  

Today's painting is of two Indigo Buntings.  This is on a 5" x 5" canvas that is on fat little stretcher bars - 1 1/2" wide.  That means it can just sit on a shelf as well as hung on a wall.  I've painted all the way around the sides, too, giving it a little bit of a three dimensional feel.  When this one is dry, it will be heading over to the Design Gallery in Burnsville, North Carolina, where I show my work.




Thanks so much for stopping by!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments

Meredith Adler said…
This caught my eye on Leslie's blog, so I came over to say hello. Now that I am here, I see you are a "neighbor," as I am in WNC, too. I will have to get to Burnsville to see your work in person sometime!
Susan said…
Thanks, Meredith. I'm pleased to "meet" you. If you haven't visited Burnsville before, it is a lovely little town. And the Design Gallery is full of wonderful art.