Day 14 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Still here.  Still painting.  Still learning.  

Today's painting is on a gessoed sheet of watercolor paper that is 6" x 4".  I painted with water mixable oils, using a Artisan water mixable oil thinner. I've been using the water mixable oils for most of the paintings in this challenge only because I've done most of them at my drafting table, which lives in my house, not in my studio.  My favorite oils, Winsor Newton Artists Oils are in my studio and I use them there pretty much exclusively.  I keep my water mixable oils in my home.  They don't have much of an odor, so that's nice.  And then.... I also use the Winsor Newton Winton colors in my "plein air backpack".  That's for when I go to paint outside.  Ready to go at a moments notice.



Today's painting brought back fond memories of all the German Shepherds that I've had in my life.  That breed was pretty much "my" breed until my first Jack Russell Terrior, Sailor.  And then the magnificent Maggie, my "100 percent purebred mountain mutt", a rescue dog from here in the mountains.  But I loved my Shepherds, that's for sure.

Thanks for stopping by..... and see you tomorrow!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com


Comments

Great portrait of a handsome pup!