Matty - No longer a secret!


This portrait of Matty has been finished for a little while now.  And I've been itching to post it here on my blog.  But this was a surprise Christmas gift and couldn't be publicized until seen by the recipient.  That happened yesterday, the  painting was a big hit, and now I can share it with you.  Also, I got a photo of Matty herself inspecting the portrait, which I'll include down below.

Matty is a Shetland Sheepdog.  Her color is what is called Blue Merle.  It looks like she lives with a painter whose palette is black, grey and white, with a little burnt sienna mixed in.  And her eyes are the most gorgeous blue.  I couldn't resist painting the background to match those eyes.

This painting is 12" x 12", oil on canvas.  




thanks for stopping by - 
and Happy Holidays!!!!!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments