Grizzly

Once again - guilty of blog neglect!  

It was a busy summer,  my art was in three exhibits and I taught a Beginning Painting class at our local community college.  And now.... I'm on the "Great Out West Road Trip".  We'll be on the road for nearly 3 months, traveling from North Carolina all the way to the "Left" coast.  This is my first time to see the interior of our country.  It is quite amazing.  From the flat corn and soybean fields of Iowa, to the Badlands, and the Black Hills of South Dakota.  We've crossed the Mississippi River (several times) and the Missouri River.  We saw Mt. Rushmore and the bison in Custer State Park.  I've fallen for Prairie Dogs!  They are so fun to watch.

Going back in time a little, I painted this Grizzly bear for one of the exhibitions this summer.  With any luck, I'll get to see some bears in Yellowstone, our next destination.  Dr. Glen Apelsoff took the photo I used for reference for this painting, and graciously granted me permission to use it.  I used a big canvas for this one - 4 feet by 3 feet.  And it was a total blast to paint on a big canvas with big brushes! 


Thanks for checking out my blog!  And if you decide that you would like to own this big painting, it is still for sale and priced at $2500.  



susan




Comments