Animal Portrait Workshop

Once again, guilty of blog neglect.  What can I say?  My paintings have been keeping me busy and as a result, my computer and blogging have been neglected.  Please accept my apologies.  And I promise to do better (an easy promise to keep since it would be hard to be worse).

Earlier this month, I taught my very first workshop.  It was a one day event on painting animal portraits.  The participating artists were all Western North Carolina public school art teachers and the workshop was a continuing education event for them.  The workshop was held at the Asheville Art Museum, which has recently undergone renovations and has space for workshops.

I am not a fast painter and I wanted them to be able to spend most of the day painting, so I prepared three canvases that showed my process.  The first canvas was just the initial sketch, the second canvas was blocked in, and the final canvas was the finished portrait.  

Each of the artists brought photos to paint from - or used one that I brought.  One artist painted a portrait of her mother, rather than a dog.  Hmmm... <grin>

Here's a photo of the group of paintings....


I was so pleased with everyone's work!

Thanks for stopping by!  

susan

Comments