Maggie - Final Painting

I finished "Maggie" this week.  The light green background I used the first time around was truly awful.  I liked the color, but I sure didn't like Maggie on the color.  For a while, I considered adding a pillow underneath Maggie, but decided with all Maggie's folds and wrinkles, the pillow's contours would add too much and there would be no where for the eye to rest.  So.... I "fixed" the background color, which turned out to be quick and easy and I really don't know why I didn't choose that shade to begin with.  I think maybe my "inner artist child" was just messing with me.  <grin> 

You probably will notice I've also added a new logo to the photo of this painting in place of my normal copyright notice.  Last year I became a member of HeARTSspeak, an online group of photographers and artists that work with animal shelters and rescues, to help promote the animals and find homes for them.  One of the other members recently designed this logo for members to use on their work.  There is one for "adopted" dogs, too.  It's a great way to help promote animal adoptions.

Remember, Maggie is looking for her "forever" home.  You'll find her on PetFinder (the link is in last week's post).  While you are there, check out all the dogs from FiFi's Friends - you just might find your new best friend there! 

If you'd like to purchase this painting, it can be yours for just $240.  And I will donate $50 of that price to FiFi's Friends to help take care of the "gang".
 

Thanks for stopping by and reading.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments