Rally To Rescue

Somehow, Tuesday totally got away from me and nearly all of Wednesday did, too. My head has been totally into painting and I've been ignoring my computer. On Monday evening, I had the pleasure of watching Jon Houglum demonstrate his talents at the monthly meeting of the Blue Ridge Fine Art Guild. He is a landscape painter from Franklin, North Carolina. I think everyone there enjoyed his demonstration. He completed a painting in less than an hour and a half and talked to the audience the whole way through, explaining what he was doing and why. Fascinating! Watching other painters paint is always helpful and sometimes very inspirational, which this demo was. He has some demos on YouTube that I've heard are worth a watch, so you can take a look if you like. I gave a try today at his "pool of paint" method, but I'm so totally stingy with my paint it was much more of a "half dry puddle". One thing he does that I haven't been doing is painting from the top down, rather than "lights, then darks" or "darks, then lights". My top down approach today was rather successful, so I may keep working on that. This would be just for my plein air adventures, though, not my animals.

I have some very cool news to share. If you have seen my website, you may have seen that I am a member of HeARTs Speak, a nonprofit organization of "Artists Working Together to Promote Deeper Understanding for the Voiceless". Basically, we are a group of artists working together to promote pet adoptions from shelters and rescues (as opposed to the pet store at the mall - or the puppy breeder down the street). Well, I'm very pleased to let you know that Rally To Rescue, a magazine published by Nestle Purina Petcare, has a wonderful article about HeARTs Speak written by Adam Williams (thank you, Adam!). And... there's a bit about me and my art in there, too! I'm honored. Here's a link to a PDF file of the article, used with permission of Rally to Rescue, Nestle Purina PetCare
....... Priceless HeARTs. (just click on "Priceless HeARTs")

I've got another one of FiFi's Friends on my easel. Almost done, but not quite.

Thank's for stopping by. Enjoy the article about HeARTs Speak - and please - tell everyone "Adopt, don't Shop".

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments