Happy Anniversary, Maggie!

Yesterday, March 7th, was Maggie's two year anniversary as my "best girlfriend". This photo is a recent one of Maggie on Hunting Island in South Carolina. Maggie came into my life after my Jack Russell Terrier, Sailor, died. She's a rescue dog. You may have heard me mention her before. Maggie was a shelter puppy from the time she was about 7 weeks, till she was 6 1/2 months old. First, she was given to the Mitchell County Animal Shelter and then, when she had been there "too long", Pam, from Fifi's Friends adopted her and brought her home to her pack. I found Maggie on Fifi's Friends PetFinder page. Maggie has been a great dog and truly everything I wanted in a companion.

I'm working on a new dog portrait and thought I might show you an "in progress" photo of it, but decided to wait. This one is a surprise for someone and I don't want to spoil that. Next week, for sure.

For my local friends..... Mountainside Wine in Spruce Pine is hosting a Wine and Whiskers Event on May 7th. This is a benefit for the Mitchell County Animal Shelter. There will be entertainment, snacks from local restaurants, a wine tasting and a raffle. I will be donating a print of my painting "Ready?".

Thanks for stopping by!
susan

www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

Comments