Come Hither


Running a bit behind this week. I've spent more time on marketing the past week than painting and as a result had nothing to show on Tuesday. Eventually, though, my studio calls and I make my way back to my easel.

Yesterday I put the final touches on the Siamese Cat. Whiskers, a few more shadows and highlights and my signature. Soon she will be on her way to Key West. I've decided to call this one "Come Hither". She looks rather seductive to me and I keep hearing those words in my head when I look at her, so that will be the title.

I spent sometime yesterday working on my "square" bear face. As hard as I tried, I couldn't duplicate the black I mixed originally (it was a new combination) and there was no way I could make the same one yesterday. Ugh. I should have made note of my mixture and will do that next time. Normally, I don't make notes, and I don't ever have a hard time making up the color again. I usually paint with a limited palette, using the same colors all the time. Guess that is a lesson learned when adding new colors to my palette!

Thanks for stopping by....

susan


Comments