Colored Pencils

Welcome 2011!

It's been a busy holiday season and I'm happy to be back on a "normal" schedule. Unfortunately, I don't have any new paintings to share with you today, but I have included one of my recent favorites.

This photo is of a colored pencil dog I created several months ago for the Canine Art Guild's 5th year anniversary show. Each entry had to be 5" x 5". Trying to paint a dog that small with oil paints wasn't something I wanted to take on, so I got out my colored pencils. It had been a while since I had worked with my pencils and I really enjoyed the using them again. They are time intensive, but the work is almost meditative.

If you haven't voted in the Helping Paws online exhibition yet, there is still time. This vote counts for the animals -so don't forget. www.canineartguild.com/gallery

Best wishes to you all for the New Year.

thanks for stopping by,
Susan

Comments