"Square Bear" In Progress - part two


I think I'm going to have to come up with a new name for this painting before long. "Square Bear" just isn't going to make the cut of titles, that's for sure.

With the holidays, art was put on hold for a few days. A week ago, I spent three hours on the eyes one day and then spent two hours undoing what I had done the next day. The eyes were way too large for a bear. They have very small eyes for their large heads. Today I did a few tiny touches to the eyes and then moved onto the nose. Put some paint on, took some paint off. Not really sure how I'm going to approach the fur on his nose. I don't think I want to get into painting lots of individual hairs for the fur, but I haven't quite figured out how to get the look I want. That's where the "put some paint on, took some paint off" came in.

The next time I write, it will be 2011. Wow. Have a wonderful and safe New Year's celebration.

See you next year!
susan

Comments