No Dogs Allowed


This painting, 11" x 14", oil on board was inspired by a photo my husband took of our dog, Maggie. In a nearby town, there is a lovely town square with paths that intersect, meeting with a circle and a statue in the center. There are huge old maple trees bordering the edges. At the beginning of each of the paths is a "No Dogs Allowed" sign. After painting this one, it was entered in the Canine Art Guild's annual Helping Paws online exhibit, where it tied for third place in the People's Choice Awards.

More important than the award, though, was my chance to make a subtle protest against the signs in the town square. I sent a press release to the town paper with a photo of the painting and a blurb about the Helping Paws exhibit. It was published and I got lots of feedback from people who saw it, but unfortunately the signs are still there.

I'm a day late with this post, with no one to blame but myself. Time got away from me yesterday and I didn't get any time in the studio. Today, though, is a full day in the studio, which I'm using to get ready for the upcoming Studio Tours. The Toe River Art's Council's Studio Tours are coming up the first weekend in December. I'll be showing my art in the Selena Glass and Metal Studio. This will be my second time on the tours and I can tell you that the studio at Selena Glass and Metal will be a busy place. We will have 5 artists for people to see in one stop, which makes it a bonus stop. If you are in the Western North Carolina area, be sure to stop in!

Thanks for stopping by,
Susan


Comments